My birthday. I didn’t really celebrate it that much. But i did bake a cake! Since it is a Sunday, i was going to the garden anyway. I had invited a friend a couple of weeks ago. When she said she could come last Friday or this Sunday, i said that coming on my birthday sounded like a really good idea. I gave her a grand tour of the garden and we talked about all sorts of things while we walked about.
I do think everybody enjoyed the cake. The frosting was a bit sweet, the way i like it. A bit too sweet for some, but it did seem to go down pretty good.
For tonight i still have some Riesling and a bit of chocolate for with the tea. I treated myself. Yay! Tomorrow back to the low carb food.
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 125 gr granulated sugar
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water and set to gel
- 250 gr grated raw carrot
- some chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C
- Sift the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Add the dry ingredients and then fold in the carrots and optional nuts
- Turn into a medium sized well greased loaf pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done (can be up to an hour). Cool on a rack
I forgot the frosting! That took me some searches to find a good vegan frosting recipe. I have to admit, i did miss the butter and the cream cheese. Really. I don’t think i will make this type of frosting again. Still, the nutty flavour is really nice.
- white almond paste
- 1 avocado
- powder sugar
- a bit of agave syrop
- a bit of haselnut milk
- some creamed up coconut oil
- mix everything together!