A sunny day. This evening we will be looking at the stars and the planets. Maybe the moon as well. I don’t know if it is visible here. We’ll see!
This morning i baked a parsnip cake for Daniël. Yesterday i made pumpkin soup for this evening. A bit spicy, with a large winter carrot, a parsnip, onions, garlic, ginger, three hot peppers. I hope it is nice. Spicy.
- 160g whole flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- half an orange juice
- 200g finely grated parsnips
- 80g raisins or sultanas
- Place the flour in a bowl and stir in the cinnamon, cardamom and the baking soda, put to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large loaf tin with parchment.
- Beat the sugar with the oil with a hand held or in a standing mixer. Add the eggs and the orange zest and beat in well. Stir in the grated parsnips followed by the flour and mix it in. Stir in the raisins.
- Bake for around 50 minutes.
I discovered some old Wire gig footage on youtube this weekend. Here is one for you.