Keto courgette cake
Last Friday there was a first harvest of courgette (zucchini for you USA people). I decided to make a courgette cake with, as i made tens of times before in the years past. This time though, it would be a keto cake. No sugar, no wheat flour. In stead, i will use erythritol and almond flour. No sultanas this time, i stopped eating them the beginning of this year. Too sweet.
To be honest, i found the cake a bit too savory. I should have thought about the lack of sultanas and add a bit more sugar. I think for next time i will buy some sultanas, even though they are too sweet for me personally. But, on the whole i enjoyed the cake. Especially the almond flour adds a really nice flavour.
- butter, for the tin
- 3 medium eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 100g erythritol
- 350g courgette, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (optional)
- 300g almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 85g almonds, roughly chopped, or any other nut or seed you have
- a pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 160C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin. Bake for 1 hr and ten minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.