My quest for finding edible food for my low card diet continues. Today, for the second time, i made linseed crackers, also known as flaxseed crackers. I did do a search for other recipes. I settled for a vegan one with other seeds and i decided to finally use the nutritional yeast i had bought a month or two ago.
- 120 gr broken linseed
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (or nooch)
- 2 table spoon of whole linseed
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- put water over the broken linseeds till they are covered with around a centimeter and leave them for half an hour at least
- heat the cumin and coriander seeds and grind them fine
- add the sunflower, pumpkin and whole linseeds to the broken linseed mixture together with the nutritional yeast
- add the ground cumin and coriander seeds, salt and pepper
- add a bit more water if the mixture is too dry
- roll out half the mixture on baking paper (i baked the other half after the first one
- bake in a 150ºCelsius hot oven for half an hour
You may break the large crackers into smaller pieces and leave them in a closed box. Not sure for how long, a week or two i guess. I do enjoy the nutritional yeast in this, it gives a savoury flavour to the crackers.
There are many different spices and herbs you may add: rosemary, thyme, garlic or turmeric for example. You could also add sundried tomatoes and olives.
Enjoy your weekend!