Cheddar Cheese Crackers
Yesterday Nitai came by and brought a 1 kilo Cheddar cheese pack from the dumpster. It was a bit moldy, so i did cut of the sides. We shared it. I had seen the recipe for these Cheddar Cheese Crackers earlier, so today i thought i would make these.
These crackers are great for my low carb diet. And yes, i would like to loose a bit of weight, but most importantly it is good for my glucose level. I still have the wish to get rid of the diabetes injections and medicine.
- 200 gr almond flour
- 110 gr cheddar cheese, grated by hand
- 15 gr nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoons chili pepper
- 3 gloves garlic, very finely
- 1 small onion, cut finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and place the rack into the middle position. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the dimensions of your sheet pan. Grate the cheese.
- Measure the dry ingredients (the first 8 ingredients) into a medium bowl, stirring thoroughly with a whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add the eggs and the oil to the bowl with the dry ingredients. With a rubber spatula, work the ingredients together to form a ball of dough.
- Place the parchment on the counter and the ball of dough on top. Flatten the dough slightly with your hands. Cut a piece of waxed paper longer than the parchment. Begin rolling out the crackers. Cut any dough that goes beyond the parchment and patch it to areas that need more. Continue until the dough is even in thickness and just about to the edges of all sides of the parchment.
- Cut the dough into 4 cm columns and rows. Make a small hole in the middle of each cracker.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully break up the crackers, spread them evenly in the pan, and place them back into the warm oven for 10 minutes to complete baking. Cool completely before enjoying. Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator if you prefer.