An easy recipe, and this time i got it from the BBC website. I bought the rhubarb last tuesday at the Meiden. It’s a lovely thin pink rhubarb, nothing like the tougher, broader and darker sticks you can get in summer. I couldn’t resist getting some!
This is a real easy recipe you can simply make during the week while you make your dinner. Or anytime you want to basically.
I only had 7 sticks of rhubarbs, so i took 3/4 of the amounts given in the recipe. It is enough for 2/3 people.
- 7 sticks of rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 80 grams of butter
- 80 grams of sugar (demerara, or any you have in the home)
- 150 grams of flour
- preheat the over to 180C, 350F
- cut the rhubarb into 7 cm long sticks and place them on a oven tray, sprinkle with water and caster sugar, roast in the over for 10 minutes
- after the 10 minutes, get the rhubarb out of the oven and spread the ginger over them and mix well
- rub the butter with the flour and sugar for the crumble toppping, sprinkle over the rhubarb and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, untill the crumble topping is crisp and golden-brown and the rhubarb is bubbling
- allow to cool a bit, whip some cream, serve in a bowl roughly mixed with the cream