Getting past art school in my personal history. After i did my exams for art school, in 1991, i started talking with a friend about organizing an exhibit. It took us over a year to get the exhibit ready together with a special evening with performances.
The evening was sold out. Yep, sex sells.
The following people performed:
- Nico Okkerse presented the whole evening
- Van Reck Ten Bosch Puppet Play performed fragments of Epoche
- Marlies Dekkers fashion show
- Anne Vegter read some of her own stories
- Henk Oosterling gave a philosophical interpretation of the evening
- Piet Hein and Jacquelline van der Geer were the pamperers of the evening
- Cora de Ridder performed a tantra ritual with rhytmic accompaniment by Gerard Kuster
- Rita Knuistingh Neven played Gaspard de la Nuit from Ravel
- Meindert Velthuis sung jazz songs with Chris Smalt on piano
- An exhibitionist showed himself
- A lovemaking couple
The exhibit had the following participators
- Anton Beeke – posters
- Gon Buurman – photos
- Rob Cox – graphics
- Marlies Dekkers – fashion
- Christer Hennix – mixed media
- Milou Hermes – drawings
- Tony Hewitt – photos
- Annemarie Roos – photos, 3D
- Erik van der Schalie – photos
- Lena Tuzzolino – photos
- Bertus Weeda – paintings
- and more: pornographic images of the past 25oo years, material of the medical faculty Rotterdam, dildo’s and other things from My Sin, Massad Shop, postorder company Mail & Female and the AIDS fund, 17th, 18th and 19th erotic poetry, pornographic stories from Anne Vegter, computer games, comics and more!
Afterwards i was exhausted. Empty. There were quite some difficulties. I’m pretty sure i’m not always the best person to work along with for something like this.
This exhibit is part of my past, and with all its failings, i’m still a bit proud of it. I knew i had these photos, but they were in a box in a cupboard. I hadn’t looked at them for years. Watching them now, i actually do like ’em.